Thursday, July 06, 2017

Such a Gorgeous Sight to See!

So I am strolling through picture lots that are occasionally up for auction on emovieposter.com. (If you haven't heard of the site, do check it out.  You can trust them, no hit-or-miss like on eBay.)  Some of the lots are huge, I concentrate on lots from the 30s to 50s which are generally smaller and look for gems --- think Bob movies. 

I had begun checking out lot #6m262, 30 stills from movies of the 30s and 40s.   All 30 photos are shown in an overview ... and I see it.  Bob's face jumps out of a sea of stills.  It's a still from Hell Below (1933).  Well, make my day!  I put a bid in, won the lot for only $17 and rejoiced.**  Such a deal. 


Such a gorgeous sight to see ...


** Of course there is the problem of dealing with the other 29 photos.  Anybody want a photo of Fred MacMurray in 1945's Captain Eddie?  No?  How about Fibber McGee and Molly in Here We Go Again?  I have such deals for you!

2 comments:

marlene said...

GRRRRR!! Be still my heart!!!! Adorable. I mostly like our man in his "maturity" --- mid forties, but this picture is "sweet". Kathy, you made a killing on this one. It's worth having to deal with the other 29!. lol Thanks for sharing your treasures.

Kathy said...

Marlene! Control yourself, mustn't overexert ourselves in this high heat. Yes, adorable. At any age for me, and the more you get to know him, the more you will agree with me. I predict. Now, if Captain Eddie stills don't do anything for you, how about 21 stills from unidentified movies? Talk about treasures!