Thursday, September 14, 2017

Happy Birthday, Mr. Benchley!

Robert Benchley was born September 15, 1989 and died a mere 56 years later.  He was a very, very funny man who appeared in two movies with our Bob, Piccadilly Jim (1936) and Live, Love and Learn (1937).  My brother, David, was born on September 15 in a later year, is still alive (although living in Florida he recently gave his sister a bit of a scare), and has never appeared in any movie at all.  Yet, he makes his sister laugh.  My love goes out to them both.

This is a photo of Mr. Benchley.  The following quotes are his, not my brother's.  Don't want to confuse anybody! 


Sand is also a good place on which to write, "I love you," as it would be difficult to get into court after several years have passed.

 Anything can happen, but it usually doesn’t.

 When I was a child I was of an affectionate disposition, but not enough to get arrested.

No comments: